This Friday I will be defending my PhD thesis at the University of Southern Denmark (official notice here in Danish). So now seems to be a good time to end this blog.
Louise, wonderful quote--thank you! At the same time this it slightly scary; my thesis opens with a quote from Lewis Carroll (from The Hunting of the Snark) and I don't think there is any way you could have know that.
Or perhaps its just imperative for philosophers to quote Carroll whenever possible.
I started this blog when I was a PhD fellow. My project was about defining religion and was also concerned with e.g. defining per se, different concepts of religion, the theory of the study of religions, and practical consequences of diffent ways of defining religion (e.g. for research, politics, education). I think discussions about the definition of religion has been neglected in traditional philosophy of religion (cf. this post).
2 comments:
"Begin at the beginning,", the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop."
- Lewis Carroll
Louise, wonderful quote--thank you! At the same time this it slightly scary; my thesis opens with a quote from Lewis Carroll (from The Hunting of the Snark) and I don't think there is any way you could have know that.
Or perhaps its just imperative for philosophers to quote Carroll whenever possible.
Post a Comment